Sports Essence Mobile Massage Therapy Located between Katy and Houston, Texas performs Sports Massage, In Home, Outcall, Mobile Massage, Full Body Massage, Foot Massage, Deep Tissue & Swedish Massage preformed by a licensed massage therapist and also supplies Massage Equipment.
The reason for this profusion of sports massage therapy is apparent. In the journal of Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise, an article published in 2008 confirmed massage therapy’s wide range of benefits for athletes, with massage therapy being attributed to reducing levels of inflammation while increasing levels of muscle strength after periods of vigorous exercise.
What, specifically is sports massage therapy and what does it do for athletes?
1. Sports massage is an application or techniques that are already being used in everyday massage, but utilizing it in a form that is tailored to an individual or athletes specific needs.
2. It improves an athletes training, it can assist easing muscle pain and possible injury during vigorous exercise days. Therapy massages can also keep muscles flexible and fit during lighter days of training.
3. It can improve performance. Sports massage before competitions can invigorate muscles and aid in stretching and warm-up exercises. It can also help limit the amount of pain and potential injury after demanding sporting events.
4. It can improve physical condition. Massage therapy has been confirmed as a way to improve the body’s circulation. Assists in maintaining a healthy immune system.
5. It can help athletes who just want to relax inbetween workouts, any vigorous or demanding activity athletes can opt for a Maintance massage or when at the event have a Pre-Event massage. Remember at the end of the event check where the Post-Event massage area is located to have a massage that will assist in a quick recovery after the event.
Sports and fitness routines are best complemented by sports massage therapy. Other therapeutic massage techniques can also enhance one’s abilities, performance and lifestyle. Deep tissue massages can release persistent knots from deep within the muscles, sometimes caused by old scar tissue and adhesion’s.
This information is not meant to replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health care provider because of something you have read on Sports Essence.com. Always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.